Vero Cell Platform is Ideal for Vaccine Development and Production
- Industry leading, widely accepted viral
- Numerous products approved throughout
- Live and attenuated virus production
- Established double-inactivation process
- Experience with a wide variety of virus
- Alphavirus (Ross River, Chikungunya)
- Flavivirus (West Nile Virus)
- Coronavirus (SARS)
- Influenza (seasonal and pandemic)
Vero cells are used for many biologics purposes, including:
- Screening for E. Coli toxins
- As host cells, for growing viruses. An example is to measure replication in the presence or absence of a research pharmaceutical.
- As host cells for eukaryotic parasites.
Vero cells are interferon-deficient; unlike normal mammalian cells, they do not secrete interferon alpha or beta when infected by viruses. However, they still have the Interferon-alpha/beta receptor, so they respond normally when interferon from another source is added to the culture.